SBC Food Rescue uses Chowmatch to connect food donors with recipient organizations. Follow these steps to complete the donation process:
- Create a ChowMatch profile here.
- You will receive a confirmation email after your profile has been reviewed and approved (usually within 48 hours).
- “Schedule a food run” in ChowMatch. Requests will indicate how much and what type of food is being donated. Donors can also set recurring donations.
- For temperature sensitive items, take a sample temperature.
- Please add this temperature to the “Summary Description of Food” field (for example: “Chicken Soup- 38 degrees”).
- After submitting the donation, you will receive a confirmation that the “Food Run” has been scheduled.
- You will get a second confirmation once a volunteer/driver agrees to transport the food from the donor to recipient organization. This will include the driver’s contact information.
- Please remember to log in and cancel a “Food Run” if the donation is no longer available